Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Bus Arrives in the Backyard

Well, I had a photo, but I accidentally deleted it. I can get another tomorrow, it's not like it's going to move! I had it towed, 56.50, from Curry to the Backyard.

To get it there has been a culmination of months of looking at vehicles on ebay, yahoo, auto trader, etc., a walkabout in Merced of used car lots, hundreds of conversations on the merits of having a personal vehicle here....money concerns...it's just been a lot of work!

Next, I get some wrenches and pull the old battery, take it to the Garage and exchange it for a new one.

After it was parked for an hour or so, some young people, late teens early twenties, happened by on the way I think to the "beach" on the Merced, and stopped to look it over, peering in the windows...it's...it's like twice as old as they are...

Buses are attention grabbers...I could a bought most any car, but none, even in beat up condition, that has a VW Bus's charm!

Saw a coyote, first one since last Spring, riding in the big bouncy tow truck...reminded me of the dump truck I drove once for a little bit.

No comments: